1. From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply Swire Properties Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) with personal information and particulars to enable us to carry out the activities described in paragraph 3 below. We may be unable to carry out such activities if you do not provide the necessary information and particulars.
2. We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal information and particulars provided by you and all information generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as Data.
3. We may use your Data for one or more of the following purposes:
(i) (a) marketing and promoting services, products, facilities and other subjects; and (b) promoting and soliciting donations or contributions for charitable or non-profit making causes (please see further details in “Use of your personal data in direct marketing” section below);
(ii) in connection with any services, products and/or facilities provided or to be provided by us or any member of the Swire Group;
(iii) for use of the online services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
(iv) for leasing, licensing, management or other related services;
(v) communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means;
(vi) conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your shopping, dining, spending and/or other consumption needs, preferences, interests, experiences and/or habits;
(vii) designing new and/or enhancing existing services, products, facilities, activities, contests, lucky draws and/or other events relating to our shopping malls, shops in our shopping malls (“Merchants”), our office buildings or office tenants (“Tenants”);
(viii) managing customer relationship and relationship with Tenants;
(ix) operating and administering any membership clubs or loyalty or reward programmes;
(x) making disclosure when required by law or court order of any jurisdiction, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation;
(xi) protecting the rights or properties of Swire Properties Limited, its subsidiaries and associated companies (“Swire Group”) in good faith, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed by such interfering activities; and
(xii) any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
4. To facilitate the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Data with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong), and your Data may be transferred outside Hong Kong:
(i) any member of the Swire Group;
(ii) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer or other services to or support the operation of our business;
(iii) any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation to whom we are required or requested to disclose or transfer data; and
(iv) any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our accountants, legal advisers or other professional advisers).
5. We are allowed to use your Data in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object.
6. In connection with direct marketing, we intend:
(i) to use your name, contact details, customer profiling information, services and products portfolio information, and transaction pattern and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time;
(ii) to market and promote the services, products, facilities, activities, contests, lucky draws and/or events relating to blueprint, our shopping malls, Merchants, our office buildings or Tenants (including consumer goods, food and beverages, books and stationery, fashion and accessories, children goods, watches, jewellery and other luxurious goods, optical products, personal care, health and beauty products and services, home furnishing and appliances, florists, sports gear and products, electronic products and appliances, bank outlets and financial services, cultural, entertainment and sporting facilities and activities, charity activities, motor vehicles and car parking facilities); and
(iii) to promote or solicit donations or contributions for charitable or non-profit making causes including relief of poverty, advancement of education or religion, promotion of health, the saving of lives, relief of victims of disaster or epidemic, relief of disabled persons, the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, gender, race, ill-health, financial hardship or other disadvantage, protection of animals, preservation or improvement of the environment or any other charitable purpose that is of benefit to the community.
7. You may write to Charlie Melvoin at the address below or contact us via the contact information provided in our direct marketing materials to opt out from direct marketing at any time.
How to access or correct your personal data or contact us
8.You are entitled to access or correct your Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Data or if you believe that any of your Data which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to us at the address below.
9. A request for access to or correction of your Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of personal data held by us may be sent to us at the following address:
blueprint by Swire Properties Limited
18/F One Island East, 18 Westlands Road, Island East, Hong Kong
10. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
This Statement is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.